The Mist

Labels: , , , ,

My expectations weren't high on this one, since we've been buying some bad cheap movies lately - but I shouldn't have doubted Stephen King's ability to deliver!

Amazon summarizes the plot with simply "a mysterious mist, thick with blood-thirsty creatures, descends on a small town, where a group of people holes up in a grocery store to fight for their lives", and I'm not gonna go more into it than that either, cause that would spoil the surprise.

There was a few times, especially during the first half, where the dialogue was a bit slow and you figured "right, it's that kind of movie, doesn't seem too interesting". However, I'm glad we didn't give up on it, because there was always a new turn with new horrors to be brought.

If you've read my reviews you know I love nothing better than an excellent ending, happy or heart-breaking, as long as it's surprising. Even if you've read the Stephen King novella, this movie adaptation ends dramatically different, so it would be worth watching it just for that. Click the picture to find the DVD on Amazon.com or click here (The Mist) for the novella on paperback.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment